European Union residents should read the information available in the Privacy Notice for European Union Residents below about the categories of personal information to be collected from them and the purposes for which the personal information and/or data will be used and/or stored.
- Information Collection, Use, and Disclosure
Categories of Information Collected
Visitor Data: Indie Tarot may collect, use, and store data regarding user visits to this Website ("Visitor Data"), including the particular pages visited or viewed by the user, the amount of time the user spent on the website or application, website errors experienced by the user, visits to the "FAQ" page, and information about the browser or device used to access the website and application, such as the user’s mobile device ID and IP address.
Account Registration Data: If applicable, Indie Tarot may collect, use, and store certain information in connection with the account registration process, such as whether users registered using their Facebook or Google profiles, and whether a user verifies their reported email address or phone number ("Account Registration Data").
Financial Transaction Data: Indie Tarot may use a trusted third-party provider (such as a designated third-party payment processor) to collect, use, and store certain information regarding payment for its Goods by users and related transactions on its Website, such as whether a user completed payment for Indie Tarot’s Goods ("Financial Transaction Data").
Customer Data: Indie Tarot may collect, use, and store certain data from users that have purchased Indie Tarot’s Goods such as a user’s self-reported name or nickname, age, e-mail address, phone number, and emergency contact information ("Customer Data").
Purposes for Which Information is Used
We may use the information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
Communication with you
- To contact you or provide you with information, alerts and suggestions that are related to the Website.
- To verify your identity.
- To complete an activity you requested, such as register for the Website and/or purchase Goods or obtain more information.
- To reach out to you, either ourselves or using the appropriate authorities, if we have a good reason to believe that you or any other person may be in danger or may be either the cause or the victim of a criminal act.
Delivery of Goods to you
- To create your account on our Website and let you log in to your account and use the Website. (if and as applicable)
- To manage your account, provide you with support, and ensure you are receiving the Goods.
- For billing and transaction processing purposes (whether directly by Indie Tarot or via one of its approved designated third-party payment processors).
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website and the Goods.
Administration and improvement of Goods
- To supervise, administer and monitor the Website.
- To measure and improve the quality, effectiveness and delivery of our Goods.
Customization and marketing
- To advertise and market the Website and Goods to potential users.
- To personalize the Website experience and to deliver content and Good offerings relevant to individual interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Websites, third-party sites, and via email or text message.
Compliance with law
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To comply with applicable state, federal, and international laws, regulations, and/or EU Directives including, but not limited to laws related to protecting client and public health and safety.
Other uses with consent
- Any other purpose that you have given your explicit consent.
Purposes for Which Information is Disclosed to Third Parties
Information about you may be disclosed to third parties for one or more of the following purposes:
For business purposes, advertising, and processing Financial Transaction Data: We may share a user’s information with a designated third party only as necessary for facilitating the purchase of the Goods. We may also share your information with vendors and service providers, including our data hosting and data storage partners, analytics and advertising providers, and vendors providing technology services and support, payment processing, and data security. We also may share information with professional advisers, such as auditors, law firms, and accounting firms.
Compliance with law: We may share your information with a court, a regulatory entity, law enforcement personnel, or pursuant to a subpoena, to comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder.
Note that if you make any information publicly available on the Website, anyone may see and use such information.
- Opting out of Marketing Communication
You can opt out of receiving email marketing by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link provided in all of our marketing email communications.
- Cookies and Web Beacons
Online identity theft and account hacking, including the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern. You should always be diligent when you are being asked for your account information and you must always make sure you do that in our secure system. Indie Tarot will never request your login information or your credit card information in any non-secure or unsolicited communication (email, phone or otherwise).
- Security of Information
While using any Internet-based service carries inherent security risks that cannot be 100% prevented, our systems, infrastructure, encryption technology, operation and processes are all designed, built and maintained with your security and privacy in mind. We apply industry standards and best practices to prevent any unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. We comply with all applicable federal laws, state laws, EU Directives and regulations regarding data privacy, specifically including without limitation the GDPR.
- Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website, to perform certain tasks which are related to the Website, or to provide audit, legal, operational or other services for us. These tasks include, but not limited to, customer service, technical maintenance, monitoring, email management and communication, database management, billing and payment processing, reporting and analytics. We will share with them only the minimum necessary information to perform their task for us and only after entering into appropriate confidentiality agreements, and always anonymizing user data to the extent possible.
- Children's Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to become a user. The Website and related Goods for sale are not directed and not intended to be used by children under the age of 13. If you are aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 please let us know by contacting us and we will delete that information.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose information necessary or appropriate to protect the safety of the public or any person, to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), and to prevent or stop activity that may be illegal or dangerous. You should also be aware that Indie Tarot may be obliged to disclose information to law enforcement, certifying bodies, and/or other authorities to conform to Indie Tarot’s professional and legal responsibilities. Specifically, and without limitation, you should be aware that the law requires mental health professionals to disclose information and/or take action in the following cases: (a) reported or suspected abuse of a child or vulnerable adult; (b) serious suicidal potential; (c) threatened harm to another person; (d) court-ordered presentation of treatment.
- Contacting us
- Additional terms and conditions for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Notice
Indie Tarot may use your personal information:
- When it is necessary to do so to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you, for example to manage your account, and to respond to enquiries about your use of the Website.
- When it is in our legitimate interests or a third party's legitimate interests to use personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the Website in the best way that we can. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information for Goods improvement and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of the Website. We only rely on our or a third party's legitimate interests to process your personal information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
- When it is necessary to do so in order to comply with any legal obligations imposed upon us, for example under applicable law or to adhere to certain obligations required by applicable certifying bodies.
- When you have consented to the use of your personal information, for example for marketing purposes or to track your online activities via Cookies and similar technologies.
EU and Swiss residents have specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your rights if you are resident in the EU or Switzerland and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right of access: You may be entitled to ask us for a copy of any personal information which we hold. This right is known as a ‘Subject Access Request.’ We will normally send you a copy of the personal information within one month of your request. However, that period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity of the request or the difficulty in accessing the personal information that you request. There is usually no charge; but in exceptional circumstances we may charge but will discuss this with you if those circumstances apply.
Right to rectification: If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, you may request rectification. The personal information will be checked, and, where appropriate, inaccuracies will be rectified.
Right to erasure: In certain circumstances, you may be entitled to ask us to erase your personal information.
Right to data portability: In certain circumstances, you may wish to move, copy, or transfer the electronic personal information that we hold about you to another organization.
Right to object: You may object to your personal information being used for direct marketing. You may object to the continued use of your personal information in any circumstances where we rely upon consent as the legal basis for processing it. Where we rely upon legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing your personal information, you may object to us continuing to process your personal information, but you must give us specific reasons for objecting. We will consider the reasons you provide, but if we consider that there are compelling legitimate grounds for us to continue to process your personal information, we may continue to do so. In that event, we will let you know the reasons for our decision.
Rights related to automated decision-making including profiling: We use limited personal information to operate the Website and to carry out certain profiling activities to support and grow our business. When doing so, we rely upon our legitimate interests as the lawful basis for processing your personal information and you may exercise the above rights if you do not wish us to process your personal information in this way.
To exercise the rights in relation to your Personal Information set out in this section, please contact us by clicking here.
Whilst we will always work with you to resolve any concerns you have about the use of your personal information, under GDPR you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country of residence if you have any concerns about our use of your personal information.