The Lubanko Tarot is a masterpiece of queer tarot which reminds me why I love indie tarot decks so much. It's already sold out in the artist's shop. Get yours along with the beautiful limited edition altar cloth while you still can!
The last few copies of the Lubanko Tarot are sold together with their matching limited edition altar cloth! For more pictures of the deck see the solo listing.
The Lubanko Tarot is a richly illustrated 78 card tarot deck exploring the surreal, the intense, the queer, and the divine. A high-intensity deck that explores the range of life in a mythical, sensuous, colourful, and unapologetic lens.
Every suit is a full journey, lushly-illustrated and packed full of metaphor, story, and the full range of the elements. The cards show beings of different walks of life, some closer to human and some far beyond, dipping into the diversity of life on earth and the divine of when we transcend our expected forms.
Emily Lubanko says: "As a queer artist with a lens of the vivid-surreal, the sensual, and the pain-and-catharsis of life, I will be sharing that intensity, that queerness, those shocks of color with you. Where you take that is in your hands, and it is given gladly. A good tarot deck has lots of metaphor to chew on, so that each card can be a moment of self-contained meditation. With this in mind, each card was heavily considered for readability, trueness to the intention I had for the card, and how I wished to diverge or converge with common meanings. Though many of these cards will have a familiarity to those who are experienced readers, some diverge for the sake of the clarity and honesty of message. For those who are familiar with tarot, there is some similarity to the Rider-Waite method of storytelling, but with some divergences as well."
- 78 fully illustrated traditional-sized tarot cards 2.75"x 4.75"
- Holographic silver-edges on the cards
- Labeled with the title on each card ease of use
- Artfully-decorated book-shaped box that closes magnetically and securely, allowing for both display and transportation, with soft-touch matte velvet-feel and silver foil printing on the title.
- Each deck includes a pocket-sized 110 page guidebook with both upright and reversed meanings for each card.
- For those buying gifts, this deck is recommended for perhaps ages Teen+, due to typical themes one would find in an art museum—think of Perseus slaying Medusa, the arrows in St. Sebastian, and mythological violence/eros.